Show Raising Dion Season 2 will be on Netflix at a certain time, and the trailer and the cast have been shown.
Raising Dion is a streaming TV show about an American superhero called Dion. It premiered on Netflix on October 4, 2019.
It is based on Dennis Liu’s comic book and a short film of the same name from 2015. Also, the second season of the show was made by Netflix in January 2020. It started on February 1, 2022.
Cast And Main Lead Of Raising Dion Season 2
Rome Flynn is joining Raising Dion for Season 2. He will play Tevin Wakefield, a new character who joins the show. In How to Get Away With Murder, Flynn played Gabriel Maddix. He has also played in Dear White People, NCIS, and With Love.
Three actors from the first season of Girls, Griffin Robert Faulkner from It Comes At Night, and Ali Ahn from Billions all reprise their roles in the second season.
- Alisha Wainwright stars as Nicole Warren, a widowed woman raising her kid alone while attempting to control his supernatural skills following her husband’s death.
- Ja’Siah Young stars as Dion Warren, Nicole’s ten-year-old superpowered son, while Jazmyn Simon stars as Kat Neese, Nicole’s older sister, and a surgeon.
- Sammi Haney is Dion’s classmate and best friend, Esperanza Jimenez. Additionally, she has osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease).
- Jason Ritter stars as Pat Rollins, a biotech engineer at BIONA who is Mark’s best friend and Dion’s godfather.
- Griffin Robert Faulkner plays Brayden Mills (season 2, guest-starring season 1)
- Ali Ahn as Suzanne Wu, a scientist and the CEO of BIONA (season 2, recurring season 1)
- Michael B. Jordan stars as Mark Warren, a scientist and Nicole’s late husband who was secretly endowed with abilities during an aurora occurrence in Iceland and is now stuck as a ghost after being consumed by the Crooked Man.
- Gavin Munn stars as Jonathan King, Dion’s classmate, and former bully.
- Donald Paul plays the role of Mr. Anthony Fry, Matt Lewis plays the role of Mr. Campbell, and Dion’s school administrator Marc Menchaca is played by Walter Mills, a farmer who is a superpowered man from the Iceland incident. He is absorbed by the Crooked Man, leaving his son Brayden alone. Brayden developed telepathy as a result of his father’s own superpowers.
- Moriah Brown in the role of Willa
- Diana Chiritescu in the role of Jill Noonan
- Kylen Davis as Malik, Nicole’s adolescent neighbor and Tessa’s son Dana Gourrier as Tessa, Nicole’s neighbor and Malik’s mother J. Harrison Ghee as Kwame Deirdre Lovejoy as Charlotte Tuck, a lady Mark saves after a storm. She is another lady endowed with superhuman abilities as a result of the Icelandic catastrophe.
- Josh Ventura in the role of David Marsh (season 2), BIONA’s new vice president of operations.
- Rome Flynn as Tevin Wakefield (season 2), Dion’s new BIONA trainer who possesses supernatural abilities.
- Aubriana Davis as Janelle Carr (season 2), a 15-year-old BIONA employee who struggles to manage her talents.
- Michael Anthony as Gary Stafford, a security officer at Dion’s high school (season 2).
- Tracey Bonner is Janelle’s mother, Simone Carr (season 2).
Raising Dion What Happened In the Season 1
It’s been two years since the last episode of Season 1. A lot has changed. In the end, Dion, Esperanza, and Jonathan are now a real superhero team. Both Mark’s short return and Dion’s hope that his father will come back to life for good have not been forgotten. With help from a powerful trainer named Tevin, Dion is learning how to use all of his abilities at BIONA (Rome Flynn). The CEO of BIONA even became a friend of Nicole’s. As soon as Brayden arrives at Dion’s school after a two-year trip to Atlanta, things start to fall apart for Dion, Nicole, and their friends. This kid is going to be bad for Dion.
How Did Raising Dion Season 1 Come To An End?
Big news: It turns out that Mark wasn’t killed by his best friend, Pat. He killed him (Jason Ritter). During the aurora event, Pat also got powers. These powers let him turn into an angry storm of black clouds and bad energy. Dion even came up with a name for that nasty, living superstorm: The Crooked Man.
Hence, It was clear to Dion that he could trust his godfather as he became a part of the family, even getting close to Nicole. Pat wasn’t just trying to become Dion’s stepfather. He was also trying to help Dion. That aurora event made him sick, and he wanted to use Dion’s healing powers to get it better, even if that meant taking away some of Dion’s life force.
Does Raising Dion Season 2 Come From A Comic
No, Raising Dion is not based on a comic book at all. It’s not a Marvel or DC comic, like Iron Man or Batman. Instead, it’s a comic written by its own creators. 2015’s comic book (and the short film of the same name) was written by Dennis Liu. This Netflix adaptation was written by him as well.
Ratings Of Raising Dion Season 2
Based on 29 reviews, Rotten Tomatoes said the series had an 83 percent approval rating. The average rating was 6.8/10, and there were 29 reviews. “Raising Dion’s family drama and superhero aspirations don’t quite work together, but compelling performances and a sense of wonder keep it going and show that with a little more help.
it could be great. Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, gave the series a score of 61 out of 100 based on the opinions of seven critics. Which means that the reviews were “generally positive”. Further till now review give to season 2 is good and give a good point to stick with your screens.
Where Can You Watch Raising Dion Season 2?
Hence, From February 1, 2022, you can watch all eight episodes of Raising Dion right away on Netflix.
As a single mother, Nicole is trying to raise her son Dion, who was born after Nicole was killed in a car accident. The already difficult parenthood dramas get even more complicated when Dion starts to have superpowers.
In order to keep Dion’s powers a secret, Nicole and Dion must look into the work done by Dion’s father, a scientist who died.
As Dion gets older, he gains new powers and old villains show up in new forms. The crooked energy that killed his father now has an eight-year-old orphan with his own superpowers.
Check Out The Trailer For Raising Dion Season 2.
Yes! When Netflix put out a trailer for the show just a few weeks before its start date, you can see that the show is getting more intense from Season 1. There is a clip in which the Crooked Man says that Dion can’t take him down and asks for the help of another boy, Griffin Robert Faulkner’s Brayden, to “destroy him“.
Despite the fact that Brayden looks like he’s scaring Dion this season, it also looks like Dion is getting a better sense of his skills than ever before in order to take him on. They’ll also be excited to learn that there’s a sneak peek of some gravity-defying stunts and how he can change the environment. There’s also a glimpse of his new trainer Rome Flynn at work.
Thank you for staying tuned with us. If you have any suggestions so you can share them with us through the comment section.